Saturday, July 4, 2009

It's always nice when your work gets noticed.

Okay, I know you're all going, "Why does he keep going on about his wrestling movie? Isn't this a blog about the clergy abuse of children?"

Well, my movie is getting good reviews. I'm shopping it around to distributors. And, following this, you know what my next big project is going to be, don't you?

Most Say Nothing.

However, movies about surviving child molestation are not exactly in demand right now. Why is that? Don't get me started on the story of Victor Salva, the director of the Disney financed Powder.

Read up on that guy and then get back to me on why the Southern Baptist Convention doesn't patch things up with the Walt Disney Company and start making movies about child predators who turned their lives around? If the Southern Baptist Convention, and the Walt Disney Company, can't get it right about sex predators, we're really in a fix, aren't we?

So, anything I do on this subject will have to be an independent effort. There are more movies made about people accused of child molestation than there are those who have survived this crime.

We need movies about the falsely accused (Witch Hunt, Indictment: The McMartin Trial, Just Ask My Children), in addition to movies about the credibly accused (Little Children, The Woodsman), to remind us about the dangers of hysteria. But we also need to give some equal time to films about surviving.

I want to take Most Say Nothing on the college circuit, complete with panel discussions. Before I can take it on the college circuit, I first have to establish a college circuit.

You might remember I was hired by the Humanist Association of Los Angeles to organize Humanist groups on college campuses? I know the ropes on this, but need to re-establish a record with the colleges. Right now, student groups in Southern California are getting interested in Wrestling Then and Now. We're also going to involve pro-wrestlers in our promotion.

Wrestling Then and Now is the movie I will use to establish a college circuit. It's entertaining. Appeals to a broad audience. Profit, and donations, made from these tours will be used to finance Most Say Nothing.

So, in case you were wondering, that is the method to 'my madness'.

Here are some quotes about Wrestling Then and Now, coming soon to a college near you:

From Lanny 'The Genius' Poffo. WWF (now WWE) wrestler, and brother of Randy 'Macho Man' Savage:

Wrestling Then And Now is a MUST for any wrestling fan. It was great to see my old deceased friends, Killer Kowalski and Tiger Khan. It was also great to see Evan Ginsburg, Don Arnold and Jeff Archer!”

From Ric Lieb, Indy Wrestler & Co-Host for Smart Mark Radio:

"An Interesting, Entertaining, and Informative Documentary. Evan Ginzburg intelligently shows perspectives from Pro Wrestling's past performers, present performers, future performers as well as their fans. You don't have to be a wrestling fan to enjoy this video, it's that good!"

No comments: