Thursday, September 24, 2009

Is Tom Bennett still teaching at Trinity?

There has been an upsurge of visits to Christian School Confidential centering on my post regarding Tom Bennett. Comments posted have largely been in support of Bennett, and yet they seem to be written from the premise that Tom Bennett is still teaching at Trinity.

To my knowledge, Tom Bennett is not teaching at Trinity, and has not been at Trinity since the early eighties. I do not live in Jacksonville, though, so how would I know?

Is Tom Bennett still teaching at Trinity? Or, hanging out at Trinity?

Actually, I really don't care. For reasons I'll go into next week, I'm not about to lead a mass boycott of Trinity, or any other corporations that have horrible records when it comes to protecting children from predators. It's not even possible to do that! I'd prefer to keep my activities within the realm of 'the possible'.

I'm just curious.

Here is the article about Tom Bennett: Tom Brad Bennett - 3rd Trinity teacher with a felony?.

Here are the comments that have recently posted to that article, including my own:

Brandon Fuhrmann said...
all these alligations are lies ,lies,lies. I know Tom personaly and he is one of the finest teacher Trinity has to offer. Many of us stand by him 110%. God Bless Him and he will get through this with Gods help. AMEN!

September 18, 2009 8:04 PM
Dwayne Walker said...
You mean 'had' to offer, he's not at Trinity anymore, is he?

September 19, 2009 8:01 AM
kiersta R said...
dr tom brad bennett has so far been my favorite college professor. he is bary kind and he has never once shown any affection twords students at tca. this came as a shock to all of my fellow classmates and teachers alike. i pray that what ever mess he is in, he get his name cleared (if what i believe is true that he is clear) God bless him

September 23, 2009 7:01 PM
Dwayne Walker said...
'bary kind'? 'twords'? It's not being nit picky, it's just funny considering all the D's and C's Bennett has given toward the slightest misspellings and grammatical mistakes.

I will agree that, during my time at TCA, he did not show any 'affection' towards students at TCA. Nor vice versa. He wasn't exactly the most 'favorite' teacher because of the strict way he graded papers. He was friendly, though.

Here's the problem I have with your post. Were you a student at TCA? It sounds like you are a present day student at the Daytona State College. That said, how would you know he never showed any affection towards students at TCA? Were you a TCA student?

Bennett had not taught at TCA since the early 80's. Am I to presume you attended Trinity in the early 80's, then returned to Daytona State as an adult in 2009?

Between Brandon writing 'he is one of the finest teachers Trinity has to offer' and Kiersta writing he has never shown any affection towards students at TCA, it sounds like he is still at TCA.

Is he?

No comments: